Six ideas to celebrate traditional Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is the festival of family. Celebration is all about gratititude, togetherness and Tradition. So make it special this year by spending some memorable time with your loved ones.
Check out 6 fresh ideas for revering the old memories:
Arrange a family dinner and sit together at the dining table to cherish some old memories of childhood. Thanksgiving traditions can be much more than just food and recipes. Sharing new ideas and remembering the old traditional ways for celebration is the best way to make this day special.
- Keep a scrapbook and share your thoughts about your family, for instance, "5 reasons you love your family.", "Five Wishes for my Family and Friends." Or "Five Things I'm Thankful For". Sometimes you are not able to share your thoughts verbally so write it down. Share the scrap book with other family members and ask them to share their thoughts as well.
- Before the Thanksgiving meal, everyone stands and holds hands in a circle. Guests each take a turn sharing what they are grateful for.
- Thanksgiving is the celebration of family, so plan the entire function together. Do the entire decoration and shopping together. If possible each one of the family can make a special recipe to make the dinner special or cook the entire dinner together.
- Gifts for the guests should be very traditional and should reflect the values of your family. Gift album or T shirt with some traditional quotes is a good option.
- Before ending the day ask everyone to jot down a few thoughts. A family photograph is must to give that special effect. Simply capture some really fun moments of your family to cherish year after year.