Fun Fall Date Ideas
Although I do enjoy days at the beach and the backyard barbeques of summer, fall is by far my favorite time of year.
The often too hot temperatures of summer give way to pleasant fall weather – warm in the day and a bit chilly a night. The fall harvest festivities have always been some of my favorites as well. Bonfires with friends, hot chocolate and s’mores are also lovely this time of year on those chillier of nights.
For these reasons and more, fall is full of wonderful date opportunities unavailable the rest of the year. Here are some of my personal favorite fall date ideas…
Fruit picking. For a fun day in the sun with your sweetie, head to a pick your own farm. Enjoy the fresh air together and harvest some of the many delicious fruits of the season. During September, apples, blueberries, peaches, raspberries, plums, watermelons, sweet corn, pumpkins, and many vegetables are ready for harvest.
State Fairs. Along with the fall harvest comes countless state fairs. Great for a day or night out with your main squeeze, state fairs offer fun food, music, games and rides. Of course there are many local fairs, carnivals and festivals nationwide this fall as well, but here’s a quick rundown of a few of the upcoming state fairs and their dates:
- Alabama State Fair: October 22-November 4, 2012
- Arkansas State Fair: October 12 - 21, 2012
- Arizona State Fair: October 12 - November 4, 2012
- Georgia/Carolina State Fair: October 2012
- Louisiana State Fair: October 25 - November 4, 2012
- Massachusetts State Fair: September 14 – September 30, 2012
- Mississippi State Fair: October 3 - 14, 2012
- North Carolina State Fair: October 11 - 21, 2012
- South Carolina State Fair: October 10 - 21, 2012
- Texas State Fair: September 28 - October 21, 2012
- Virginia State Fair: September 27 - October 7, 2012
- Washington State Fair: September 7 - September 23, 2012
A Night In. Chilly fall nights are also great for staying in to watch movies, cuddle up on the couch with your partner, and snack on popcorn and other treats. For a more romantic evening, pick up a bottle or two of wine and order in a nice dinner from your favorite restaurant. Many cities have food delivery “taxis” that will pick up your order from any restaurant and bring it right to your door for a small delivery fee. Well worth it for a relaxing and romantic evening in.
This fall, don’t mourn the end of summer or dread the coming winter months. Rejoice in the pleasures of fall with your partner.
Do you have some great fall date ideas of your own? We would love to hear them! Please share them with us in the comment section below.