These yummy, crispy green grapes are dipped in a delicious creamy caramel sauce, then coated with crunchy, crushed peanuts. They add a crisp freshness to any dinner party. But beware these can be extremely addicting, so be prepared to be asked to make them for every event in the future!
- 1 pound or more of grapes
- Half cup crushed peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- Meltable caramel candy
- Dash of fresh cream (or milk will work fine as well)
- Some fancy toothpicks
- Crush your peanuts using a rolling pin until you have the desired texture (finely crushed works best), you can use salted or unsalted peanuts I think the salted peanuts add another level of yumminess personally, but unsalted taste just as good. Set aside.
- Wash your grapes and stick them with some fancy toothpicks. Set aside.
- Add your caramel candies with a small amount of cream (milk will work just fine) to a double boiler. Completely melt caramels stirring often. If you don't have a double boiler you can use a pot of boiling water and a heat proof bowl.
- Dip your grapes in your slightly warm caramel sauce and then into your crushed peanuts, place in a container lined with wax paper in the fridge until ready to serve.