Soups made from vegetables and fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals and other vital components that are highly beneficial for good health. They make you feel full sooner and reduce the temptation to eat carbohydrate foods. They are easy to make and can be taken as a healthy snacks between the two meals or before taking meals. They play a great role in a healthy fat loss diet.
Pear and Parsnip Soup Recipe
Pear and parsnip soup is a low fat soup that you can easily serve with your favorite wholemeal or whole-grained bread. It makes a great winter warmer and helps in your weight loss.
Serves: This Recipe Serves 4.
1. Four ripe pears, cored, peeled and chopped
2. Three large parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
3. One leek, washed and finely chopped
4. 750ml vegetable stock
Method of Preparation:
1. Take pears, parsnips, leek and vegetable stock in a large pot.
2. Cook over low heat for approximately 30 minutes, or until all vegetables are soft.
3. Blend soup using stick blender or in food processor until smooth.
4. Garnish with low-fat sour cream if desired.