Whether for a baseball game treat or a Sunday afternoon brunch, these hot little grilled jalapenos are a surefire hit at any party. Great for afternoon barbeques and simple to prepare, your friends and family will be impressed with just how delicious these babies are…
- 15 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 6-8 ounces of cream cheese, whipped
- 3/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4-5 slices of bacon
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, mashed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high temperature.
- Remove all seeds and internal veins from the jalapenos.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Allow to cool. Crumble or chop.
- Mix the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, bacon, scallions, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Fill the halved jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the peppers on the grill. Cover the grill and cook for about 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the peppers are browned on the underside.
- Arrange the jalapenos on a platter and serve!
Optional Addition - Cilantro Sauce
To cut a bit of the bite and spice from the jalapenos, a simple cilantro sauce works well and adds a lovely color to the top of your party pleasers.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 3/4 cup soup cream
- pinch of salt
- Cut the stems off of the cilantro
- Place the remaining cilantro (leaves) into a food processor
- Add the sour cream, lime juice, and salt
- Mix until blended
- Once the jalapenos have been grilled, drizzle the cilantro sauce over them and serve