Whenever you feel like having a heavy breakfast or brunch take eggs, corn and zucchini and you have a tasty meal the whole family will love.
Zucchini has many health benefits especially that it lowers cholesterol
and protects you from cancer. It is also known to lower blood pressure
which reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. You could also change with recipe to use any vegetables you had in your fridge, experiment.
• 1 1/2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
• 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or one 8 oz can whole kernel corn, well drained)
• 1/2 cup sweet red peppers, chopped
• 1/4 cup onion, chopped
• 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
• 1 Tbsp water
• 4 large eggs
• 1/4 cup non-fat milk
• 1/4 cup (1 oz) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. In non stick pan, combine vegetables, Italian seasoning, pepper, and water.
2. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender.
3. Thoroughly blend eggs and milk. Pour over vegetables.
4. Cook over low heat until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil about six inches from heat until cheese is melted.
5. Cut into wedges and serve from pan or slide from pan onto serving platter.