How about fishy Christmas this year! Hey, I am talking about fish in the main course of Christmas dinner menu, make it different this year. Mostly people think about meat, beef or lamb, surprise your guests with some delightful recipes of fish. Let's welcome the new year with (meatless) meal.
Baked cod with lemon-garlic crust
Serving size: 8
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leave parsley
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
• 2 cups panko crumbs
• 2 lemons, zested then quartered
• 2 pounds wild cod fish filets
• 6 tablespoons butter, melted
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add the olive oil, garlic, parsley and thyme to a large skillet and gently warm on low heat for four minutes. Increase the heat to medium and add the panko crumbs. Stir until the panko is well moistened and add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to toast the panko, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Place the cod pieces, side by side, in an oven-safe baking dish (preferably glass). Sprinkle the fish with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Generously top each piece of fish with the panko crumbs, gently pressing them into the top of the fish. Evenly pour the melted butter over the panko crumbs.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until the fish is opaque but still moist in the center. (Factor about 10 minutes of baking time per 1" thickness of fish.)
5. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Squeeze lemon wedges over the fish before serving.