Let your child help you in cooking, this gives your child a sense of responsibility along with fun. Egg salad is a simple recipe that your kid can easily handle and a healthy meal too. Make Egg Salad with Pita Crisps and ask your toddler to mash the eggs, brush the pitas with oil, and sprinkle the pitas with garlic powder, red pepper, and salt.
An easy appetizer everyone will love.
• 2 7-inch pitas
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Garlic powder
• 6 large eggs, hardboiled and cooled
• 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
• 4 teaspoons chopped shallots
• 1 & 1/2 teaspoons mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Heat oven to broil. Slice the pita horizontally into two rounds and brush the insides with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Cut each of the pita rounds into eight triangles. Place triangles brushed side up on cookie sheet and broil three minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. In a medium bowl mash the eggs with mayonnaise, shallots, mustard, salt, and red pepper to combine.