DESSERT! Forget stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce, and collard greens - the best part of Thanksgiving, for me, is dessert. And nothing says autumn harvest like pecans. These pecan filled desserts are easy and delicious, sweet and savory, the perfect addition to your feast.
Oh My, Pecan Pie
This pecan pie is made without corn syrup so it’s got a more authentic taste. Give it a try and end this night with some extremely thankful guests. You won’t believe that incredible pecan pie is as easy as three steps!
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- One 9-inch pie shell
1. Preheat the over to 300 degrees
2. Beat eggs until foamy, and mix in melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and flour.
3. Once well mixed, add the vanilla, milk, and pecans.
4. Pour mixture into an unbaked 9 inch pie shell.
5. Bake in preheated oven for about an hour, or until the top is a little crackly and the interior is done.
Pecan Heaven Bars
Or, you can try these amazing pecan bars. They are a similar idea but you get to make the crust! These take a little more time, but they are oh so divine
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Cover a 13x9 in baking dish with aluminum foil, letting a few inches overhang the sides. Coat the foil in butter.
3. With a hand or electric blender/mixer, blend the flour, sugar, butter, and salt for the crust until it looks like coarse salt. Add 2 tablespoons cold water and mix the dough just until it holds. Cover the tinfoiled dish in the dough and bake in the oven until the gold brown, around 20-30 minutes.
4. While your crust is baking, you can mix up the filling! With you mixer, combine brown sugar, salt, and butter, on a medium level speed for around 3 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy.
5. Add corn syrup, flour, and pecans and mix just until they are thoroughly combined.
6. Spread the filling over the baked crust and bake again, until golden brown. 7. Remove from oven and let your bars cool completely before removing then from the pan.