A delicious corned beef hash in one skillet. Simple, fast, and tasty. Great for those times when you have some leftover corned beef from a roast, but you can also make this from canned or store-bought corned beef.
Delicious for breakfast with toast and a fried egg on the side, but also wonderful for lunch or dinner with a side salad or veggie on the side.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 12 ounces corned beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat
- Saute onions and potatoes until slightly browned
- Add corned beef and sprinkle pepper over everything
- Stir together, reduce heat to medium-low heat
- Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add 2 eggs, mix, and cook until potatoes are tender
Serving Suggestions and Tips
- Great with a side of boiled cabbage or steamed spinach
- Serve topped with a fried egg and toast
- Also great with a side salad with thousand island dressing
You can also omit the eggs, although I personally prefer this hash with the eggs. Going on a Hash House Harriers run? This is great for afterwards… a little hash after the hash. Enjoy!