Any dinner or Lunch party is incomplete without yummy dessert. It's something no one can resist. Most of the time we go for normal routined dessert like apple pie or pumpkin pie, let's try something different for next celebration. We have a simple yet amazing recipe of exotic Rum raisin pie. Try this.
Yields: About 8 to 10 slices
• 1 pre-made shortbread crust
• 2 cups Sun Maid raisins
• 1/3 cup Captain Morgan rum
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 3 tablespoons corn starch
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1-1/2 cups light cream
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 (8 ounce) tub whipped topping
• 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
1. Mix raisins and rum into a bowl. Microwave for one minute or until raisins plump up. Set mixture aside.
2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt and eggs. Stir until fully combined.
3. Heat cream over medium heat until thickened, but not boiling. Add cream to sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
4. Place milk and sugar mixture into a sauce pan until thick (it will resemble custard). Stir the custard constantly and pour into a bowl. Over a bowl of ice, place custard bowl to slightly chill. Stir while it's cooling.
5. Once cooled, mix custard with melted butter and raisin mix. Pour into pie crust. Cover the custard raisin mix with entire tub of whipped topping, being sure to completely cover raisin custard.
6. Chill in a refrigerator for eight to 12 hours. Serve with chopped almonds as a garnish and enjoy!
Don't forget to share your experience.