White chocolate & passionfruit mousse
If you have special guests for Easter this mousse will be unforgettable. Try it!
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 150g white chocolate
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 egg whites
- 6 medium Easter eggs
- Beat 3 egg yolks and 1/4 cup caster sugar until pale and creamy.
- Fold in 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp alternately with 150g white chocolate, melted, but not to hot.
- Beat 300ml thickened cream until soft peaks form, and in a separate bowl beat the egg whites until firm peaks form. Fold into the passionfruit mixture.
- Break tops from 6 medium Easter eggs and sit eggs in serving glasses.
- Fill with mousse and refrigerate for 3-4 hrs or overnight until set.
- Serve with chocolate shards for dipping