Easter Dessert Idea, Too Cute
This Easter, try a fun new recipe that's sure to please children and adults alike…
Easter Cupcake Surprise
A new twist on a fun favorite…
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 24 small chocolate eggs, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Grease 24 muffin cups or place 24 paper liners into muffin tray.
- Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together: brown sugar, white sugar and margarine (or butter) until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the cream mixture - one at a time.
- Add vanilla to cream mixture.
- Add flour mixture and milk to the cream mixture - adding a little at a time and alternating between the two. Do not over-mix.
- Fill the muffin cups about 1/3 full, then add a chocolate egg in the middle of the muffin cup.
- Add more of the muffin mixture until each cup is about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
- Decorate with additional chocolate eggs, Peeps, and other candy
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting them, as hot cupcakes can quickly melt frosting and other candies