Every woman should be getting the right nutrition when you're nursing. There are some food items you should eat and few you shouldn't eat if you are among breastfeeding mothers. Every mother is worried about the health of their new born baby and for every mom breastfeeding is a critical topic.
What to Eat while nursing:
• Mothers use approximately 500 calories synthesizing milk daily. This helps breastfeeding mothers to get back to their pre-pregnancy states. The diet of a breastfeeding mother should be similar to [that of] anyone who is aiming to eat healthy: Fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes, lean meats and low-fat dairy products.
• Breastfeeding moms should take in plenty of calcium and vitamin D from foods like broccoli and milk
• Drink plenty of fluids in order to stay hydrated.
• Herbs and spices are safe and healthy for nursing moms.
What to avoid:
• There are not many foods that women should avoid, excessive caffeine consumption by the breastfeeding mother may make her baby fussy and more wakeful, so let's avoid.
• They should stay clear of alcohol and cigarettes.
Is food really increases Milk Production?
There are foods such as oatmeal, almonds and brewers yeast that are used traditionally to boost milk production but have not been proved scientifically. Drinking a glass of water while your baby is feeding is recommended.
The more your baby eats, the more you produce.