May be you get home from work and an unexpected guest is dropping in for dinner. Whatever the reason, preparing something really delicious in such a short time sounds crazy. But it isn't. You will be amazed that this chicken recipe can be prepared in less than 15 minutes.
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Juice of one orange
• 2 tablespoons butter (omit for a healthier version)
• 4 mint leaves, sliced
• Zest of one orange (optional)
1. Put a skillet over medium-high heat and let it get hot.
2. While the skillet is charging, put the chicken between two pieces of waxed paper or into a plastic bag and take out your frustrations on it. The chicken should end up about 1/4 inches thick (or as close to it as possible.)
3. Add the olive oil to the skillet. Wait about 5 seconds for the oil to get hot and add the chicken breasts. Look out for spatters when you add the chicken.
4. Immediately move the chicken around a bit. The skillet may be hot enough that the chicken will brown too quickly, so you want to give it a little push. Add the orange juice.
5. Cook the chicken 6 to 7 minutes and then flip. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes more or until the chicken is done all the way through. (If you have a meat thermometer, you can remove the chicken at around 162 degrees.)
6. Finally, add the butter, mint and orange zest and let the butter melt. Let the chicken rest 2 to 3 minutes before plating.
Accompany with a nice green salad.