Is people step back from you when you are talking to them, or they avoid direct contact with you? Is your bad breath is interfering with your social or professional success? Bad breath is not something that one should be ashamed of, because it can be treated. Bad breath is caused by odor-producing bacteria that grow in the mouth. People with bad breath usually observe a white or yellow film on the tongue. This is caused by the accumulation of bacteria and nasal mucous and tends to be heaviest in the back areas of the tongue.
Causes of Bad Breath:
- When you don't brush and floss regularly, bacteria accumulate on the bits of food left in your mouth and between your teeth.
- Certain foods, especially ones like garlic and onions that contain pungent oils, can be the cause of bad breath.
- Dry mouth
- Poor dental hygiene and periodontal disease can also be a source of bad breath.
- Bad breath is also associated with sinus infections because nasal discharge from your sinuses into the back of your throat can cause mouth odor.
- Smoking dries out your mouth and causes its own unpleasant mouth odor.