Are you gaining weight since you have joined a job? True, we tend to eat more at our workstations while sipping tea and coffee. The best way to control those extra pounds without controlling the temptation is to have healthy snacks. Let's check out some interesting options:
1. Dry fruit mixed bag: Make your own choice of dry fruits and mix them to make a wonderful snack option. Mix 6 almonds or cashews (or 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds) with 3/4 cup of high-fiber, low-sugar cereal and 2 tablespoons of raisins or unsweetened dried cranberries. This mix will offer you heart-healthy fat.
2. Yummy pea nut butter sandwich: This is an easy, balanced and delicious snack option. Just one tablespoon of peanut butter on one slice of bread will make your sandwich ready. To maximize your health, go for whole wheat or sprouted grain bread and natural peanut butter with no additives.
3. Cottage Cheese with Berries: If you want something cheesy and sweet, this is the best choice. Mix 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese with a 1/2 cup of berries, such as raspberries or blueberries. Berries are great for good memory.
4. Granola Bars: Granola bars made with fruit and nuts are easy to carry and store, making them a good desk snack. Each bar contains 6-7 grams of protein, isn't that wonderful!
5. Hummus and Veggies: This delicious chickpea spread is easy to eat at work. For a snack size, have 1/3 cup of hummus with 1 cup of mixed veggies, such as baby carrots, sugar snap peas and grape tomatoes.
6. Greek Yogurt with Fruit: Greek yogurt is very healthy as they are high in protein, very low in sugar and very satisfying. Try plain Greek yogurt with a serving of your favorite fruit for a balanced snack.
7. Boiled eggs with veggies: One hardboiled egg with sliced cucumbers or cherry tomatoes makes a satisfying snack