Cold and cough is very common especially during weather change. People who have a good immunity can easily fight off cold so you need to make your body immune. Some breakfast options are really very effective to fight off Cold. Try this in your family.
2. Beets an amazing healthy option can be added in any smoothies or Juice. Blend orange juice with cooked beets and strain it before serving. Beet is very rich in antioxidants and magnesium, a mineral that assists with nerve and muscle function, beets are also especially rich in folate. This B vitamin helps prevent serious birth defects and is important for pregnant women and for heart health.
3. Blueberries, your child will love this color and taste with more antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable. They are one of the highest-ranking foods in cancer-fighting antioxidants and are excellent sources of vitamin C, manganese and fiber.
4. Ginger is the first medicine in our grand mother's book for cold and cough. It works wonderfully to clear nasal passages. It also promotes digestive health, reduces gas pains and relaxes the intestinal tract. Try steeping slices of fresh ginger in hot water for a soothing and healthy morning drink. It's a great relief in cold.
5. Oranges and grapefruit salad in breakfast strengthen your immune system. Citrus is chock-full of vitamin C, and it's also packed with powerful antioxidants and is low in calories.
6. Pumpkin seeds are packed with vitamins, amino acids and minerals, including zinc. Zinc helps the immune system by acting as an antioxidant and minimizing damage to cell membranes from free radicals.
7. Lemon: using lemon in place of sugar and salt strengthen your immune system. Lemon promotes healthy bacteria, rather than the type that can cause viruses and colds.
8. Egg yolks are a good source of selenium, a powerful mineral that supports a healthy immune system. The protein in the whites is of the highest value, and the yolks, although high in dietary cholesterol, are relatively low in saturated fat. Try the recipe for baked eggs with spinach and tomatoes.
9. Papayas are better known for its anti-inflammatory properties. They are a great source of beta-carotene, a phytonutrient that gets converted to vitamin A in your body and keeps eyes, skin and mucous membranes moist.
10. Cottage cheese contains selenium, a powerful antioxidant that can strengthen the immune system. Try the combination of cottage cheese with vitamin C-rich papaya to boost your immune system.