Coconut are full of fats, not good for losing weight, you must have heard such comments in past but the new research says, coconut is very healthy and works great to cut fats. Not just keeps fat away but also protects against insulin resistance. The study also explains how people who add in medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil into their diets can lose body fat. "The medium chain fatty acids like those found in coconut oil are interesting to us because they behave very differently to the fats normally found in our diets," said study leader Turner.
Nutritional values per 100 gm:
• Vitamin A :
• Vitamin B : Thiamine .10 mg.;
• Riboflavin :
• Niacin :
• Vitamin C : 2 mg.
• Calcium : 21 mg.
• Iron : 2.0 mg.
• Phosphorus : 98 mg.
• Fat : 34.7 gm.
• Carbohydrates : 14 gm.
• Protein : 3.4 gm.
• Calories : 359
Health benefits of coconut:
• Prevents simple goitre because of its organic iodine content
• Works well if you have constipation or acidity problem.
• Coconut milk has been found to help cases of sore throat as well as relieving stomach ulcers.
• Coconut oil has been found to heal cuts, scratches, burns and sunburns.
• Oil is good for face massage and wrinkle remover.
• Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems.
During Pregnancy: Coconut water is recommended for pregnant women. All these nutrients are needed for the formation of bones and teeth, muscles and haemoglobin in the baby. Coconut water fulfils almost all the nutritional requirements which are required during pregnancy.
So add this fruit to your list, enjoy coconut water in summers and cool yourself. Enjoy!