Eyes are the most beautiful gift god has given us and we should make extra efforts to keep it healthy. Just imagine how life would be for a blind person and the moment you realize you will definitely understand the significance of eyes. Proper eye health care also helps slow down the processes associated with ageing such as macular degeneration.
Small tips for healthy eyes:
• Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, rich sources of Vitamin A and E. Broccoli, spinach, sweet corn, orange and yellow peppers, kiwi fruits, oranges and mangoes are all great sources to protect against some eye diseases.
• Over-exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays can cause a number of problems like cataracts, so protect your eyes from the sun by wearing sun glasses. They are fashion statement as well!
• Do you know smokers are up to three times more likely to develop cataracts, stop smoking.
• Try to take short, regular breaks from the computer to prevent eyestrain and tiredness. Even if you are not able to move from your seat, try to close your eyes and relax for some time in regular interval.
• Incase you are a player and frequently play any sport do buy sports goggles to defend your eyes.
• If you get dust or grit in your eye, don't rub it. Pull the upper eyelid down over the lower lid and blink frequently to help the lower lashes and tears sweep and wash away the dust particles.
• If you wear contact lenses, proper care of lenses are also required. Go for regular aftercare check-ups.
• Try to have comfortable and sound sleep.
• If you feel changes in your vision, pain in or around your eyes or if you keep getting headaches go and contact eye specialist.
• If you have dark circles under eyes best way to treat them is by putting slice of potato or cucumber over the eyes for at least 20 minutes. Another method is to apply warm tea bags on the eyes for 15 minutes.
• Try small eye exercises like blinking eyes several times, rolling the eyeballs while keeping your eyes closed. Look at a distant object in your office or somewhere outside after long working hours. This would help you in improving your eyes focus. Also warm your palms by rubbing your palms then cover your eyes with them. This will also help your eyes to relax.
• Always use reputed company's eye make-up and never forget to remove eye makeup before sleeping.
• Avoid stressful conditions as it directly affects your eyes.
Little extra care and a balanced lifestyle will help in getting healthy and beautiful eyes. Nutritious diet, regular exercises and proper sleep are the key things for gorgeous and sparkling eyes. Eyes are the most communicating organ, so take care and see the magic in your daily life!