Now that Memorial Day is behind us, you can finally break out those white clothes, shoes, and handbags. Although celebs and the general population have gotten a bit more lenient on the “no white after Labor Day” rule in the past few years, even the strictest adherents to rules agree that after Memorial Day is a fine time for white.
Celebs Wearing White
Michelle Rodriquez wore a lovely white gown to Cannes this month (as shown above). Other celebs spotted sportin’ white recently include Cheryl Cole in London this month, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Hollywood, and Kirsten Dunst also at Cannes.
How to Wear White
Although white may be notorious for packing on the visual pounds, you CAN wear white and look fabulous, here’s how:
- 100% White Can Be Overkill – add a splash of color with a bright top to an otherwise white outfit.
- Opt for Boot-cut – When it comes to white pants, choose boot-cut and no or faux pockets for a slimmer look
- Naughty in Nude – When sportin’ the white slacks, add a pair of nude heels to look taller and slimmer
- When Heavier = Slimmer - When wearing white, opt for a heavier fabric to help avoid it clinging in all the wrong places
- The Art of Distraction – To distract people’s eyes from slight problem areas, pair a white outfit with a bright and bold necklace and/or earrings
As Michelle Rodriquez has shown us above, wearing white can be fabulous. This summer, don’t shy away from white for fear of looking plump. Embrace it with the hot fashion tips above.