One of the most common beauty problems amongst women are ‘Dark circles' under their eyes. No matter how attractive your eyes are, the impact of dark circle can diminish your beauty. Therefore you should take special care of your eyes, so that they look beautiful and attractive.
There can be numerous reasons for dark circles. Given below are some of the common causes for the unsightly dark circles:
• Lack of Sleep: Lack of proper sleep over prolonged periods of time will make the dark circles more difficult to remove. Lack of sleep causes the skin under the eyes to become pale, thus, making the blood flowing under it visible. Minimum 6 hours of sleep is must in order to avoid dark circles.
• Tiredness: Your body including your eyes needs certain amount of rest. Therefore excessive tiredness is also a major reason for dark circles.
• Diet: An improper diet, an unbalanced diet or lack of a nutritious diet can cause dark circles under the eye.
• Allergies and Eczema: Any kind of infection of the eye that leads to itching can also cause dark circles as rubbing and scratching the eyes darkens the skin.
• Exposure to Sun: Sun exposure especially during the summers can make the skin under the eyes look darker. Even the dark skinned people experience the same.
• Medication: Any strong medication can also affect the skin adversely as the skin under the eye is delicate an increase in blood shows through the skin in the form of dark circles.
• Pregnancy: During pregnancy the skin becomes pale and the veins under the skin become visible.
• Heredity: Dark circles under the eyes can be hereditary as well.
Health reasons that can cause dark circle:
• Dark circles could point towards a liver or kidney that is not functioning as desired.
• Many who suffer from sinus problems could develop dark circles under the eyes.
• Persons with a history of eczema, hay fever, or asthma often suffer from dark circles.
• Dark circles become more pronounced as you keep ageing.
• Habits such as excessive smoking or drinking also cause dark circles.
• Apply Vitamin E to the area under your eye. You could open up a Vitamin E capsule, and apply a little oil. Swallow the rest of the oil. It helps you to get rid of dark circles & it also reduces puffiness around the eyes.
• Apply creams that contain Vitamin C.
• Swallow a capsule of cod liver oil everyday. It strengthens eyes. Contact your doctor before using.
• You can also try a teaspoon of tomato juice with a few drops of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and a little flour, enough to make a paste. Apply this paste to the under-eye area, and wash off after fifteen minutes. This will help lighten your dark circles.
• Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday. If you do not drink at least eight glasses of water everyday, you are not providing your body with as much water as it requires for flushing out toxins.
• Avoid stepping out in the sun, especially between noon to four, when the sun is at its strongest. If you can't avoid it then wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
• Apply a cold, used tea bag to your eyes. You could also apply used, cold, herbal tea leaves to your eyes. This will soothe your eyes.
• Apply cucumber or potato slices to your lids. Leave on for ten minutes and remove. Wash the area with cold water. This soothes tired eyes instantly, and helps boost blood circulation in the under-eye area.
• Try out dark circle remover creams available in the market. Make sure they are of a recognized brand before applying them to your face.
Before applying anything to your eye, be sure that it suits you. Eyes are the most sensitive and vital part of your body, so take extra care.