We have a stressful life that results to Headache in our daily life. It's becoming a common problem. Long hours on computer, stress and tension all triggers headache. Although most headaches are mild and temporary, but some people have headaches that are so severe they need to consult a doctor for pain relief.
When to contact doctor:
• Gets worse over days or weeks
• Is accompanied by impaired neurological function and double vision.
• If causes nausea and vomiting
• seizures, mental disturbances, and loss of consciousness
• Fever and/or stiff neck along with headache.
• strikes suddenly with great intensity
• You just can't sleep and is worse when you lie down
• Taking an over-the-counter painkiller such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen helps a lot.
• Take proper rest and prevent from eyestrain.
• Correcting poor posture and exercising
• Sinus headaches usually require antibiotics or other treatments to clear up the infection.
• Stronger medications may need to be prescribed if the headaches are more severe.
• Chiropractic spinal manipulation - the primary form of care provided by doctors of chiropractic - may be an effective treatment option for tension headaches and headaches that originate in the neck.
• Recognize the reason of your headache and try to avoid the situation.
• Take proper rest and exercise daily.
• Proper sleep.
• Get your eyes tested.
• Try to be in stress free environment.
• Always sit in correct posture.
• Avoid constantly looking at TV or computer.
• Avoid any food or drinks, such as those containing caffeine, that seem to trigger headaches.
• Certain medications taken at regular intervals may reduce the frequency and severity of headaches. Your doctor may recommend preventive medication.