Jessica Timberlake Married in Pink!
Justin and Jessica have traditionally kept their relationship pretty private, so it comes as a bit of a surprise that the couple sold the exclusive story and photos to People magazine—and Jess ia featured on the cover in her bright pink fluffy wedding dress!
The star apparently turned to longtime friend and famous designer Giambattista Valli for help in dreaming up her cotton candy confection because he was “so easy to talk to about something as important like this.”
The result was a custom, “whimsical and dramatic” rosy pink floor length gown with an overflowing train, make of silk organza and silk mousseline with a light pink flower motif. And for a touch of nostalgia, the huge veil was made with the pearls from Biel’s grandmother’s wedding tiara.
Valli also made the gowns worn by the bridesmaids and the new mothers-in-law during the intimate wedding in Italy. The night counted with around 150 guests, just friends and family. The couple sold the exclusive story and photos to People, which features them on this weeks front cover.
A pink wedding dress? As someone who looks good in pretty much anything, Biel makes it seem okay—hell, she certainly looks fabulous! There’s definitely something about it that seems to say “happily ever after.”
Other famous non-white wedding dresses include:
- Anne Hathaway wore a pink gown from Valentino when she married Adam Shulman this year.
- Amber Tamblyn wore a yellow dress when she married David Cross this year.
- Cynthia Nixon, (of Sex and the City fame), wore a green dress when she married Carolina Herrera earlier this year.
- Reese Witherspoon wore a light pink dress for her wedding to Jim Roth in 2011.
- Director Sofia Coppola wore purple in 2011 to wed Thomas Mars.
- Julianne Moore wore a lovely lilac colored Prada dress when she married Bart Freundlich in 2003.
- Gwen Stefani wore a pink ombre dress for her wedding to Gavin Rossdale in 2002.
- For her first wedding to Richard Burton in 1964, Elizabeth Taylor wore yellow.
- For their second wedding in 1975, Taylor wore green.
- Sharon Stone wore a champagne-colored dress in 1998 when she married Phil Bronstein.
- When Dita Von Teese married Marilyn Manson in 2005, she wore purple.
- Somewhat shockingly, Sarah Jessica Parker wore black in 1997 when she married Matthew Broderick.
- Kelis wore a green dress when she married Nas in 2005.
- Portia de Rossi's gown by Zac Posen had a blush skirt in 2008 when she married Ellen DeGeneres.
Photo Credit: Michael Muller | People
For more photos of Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake, check out the full article on People.com